Due to the busy time of year, only me and another student turned up to the session which meant that we got a personal, one on one session with Keith.
Initially, to give him an understanding of where we are currently at with our ideas, we talked through the journey so far, covering what first inspired the idea and any current progress we have made.
Notes taken during the session can be seen below;
- Matt Smith - Works at the Key Fund.
- Costing needs to be spot on from the start.
- Always maximise on trade-offs.
- Become obsessive about your customers, get to know them!
- Identify the key players that will help your business excel.
- Individuals in locations.
- Other businesses.
- Networking is key.
- The back story is hugely important to customers.
- People want to know about how you started, beliefs etc.
- Show process of making product.
- What makes the product individual?
- Highlight values.
- Structure your marketing - who has the most relevance to the business?
- Set goals.
- Create a growth plan.
- Create a pitch about your business and product.
- Marketing should start with why you started the company, not with the product.
- Research, research, research.
- Break down large tasks as it makes them easier to manage.
- Express what you do without overselling.
- How the product is made.
- How transported.
- Why it is better than the competition.