Thursday 19 February 2015

PPP3 - INSPIRATION

While I was at a friends house this weekend I came across a car maintenance manual he bought to help him with any D.I.Y repairs that he may need to make on his car.

As soon as I opened the book I was presented with some amazingly intricate illustrated instructions showing readers the different steps of a specific engine repair job. 

To ensure that readers can not only understand the process of repairing the car but complete it themselves, the book has to be functional in the way it communicates and visualises the process. Therefore, the design of the book, the wording of the body copy and the intricate nature of the illustrations all combine to help make a complex problem very simple, in essence, encapsulating the true definition of good design. 





No comments:

Post a Comment