Tuesday 24 February 2015

PPP3 - WORK IN SKATEBOARDING - MOCK-UP LAYOUT

After expressing my interest in the position Sam sent me the details for a mock-up layout that I will need to complete before starting the position later in the year. 

The task has been set, presumably so, to see if one, my editorial design skills are up to scratch and two, to see if I can manage my time well and stick to a deadline. 


WORK EXPERIENCE / PROGRESSION 

The opportunity, despite the fact I have only just started doing the trial run, has already proved to be beneficial, as it is providing me with valuable, industry based work experience. Working and communicating with a client who subsequently sends me the specification and content for a job is exactly how the process would work if I was a freelance editorial designer, and so experiencing the process first hand allows me to assess if this is something I want to pursue professionally once I finish at university. 



PROJECT GUIDELINES 



IMPORTANT POINTS - 
  • Cover Page needed.
  • Format - 21cm x 26cm - (W x H)
  • Include links to Mahfia website at end of article.
  • Include captions - Photographs.
  • Submit as interactive PDF.
  • Submission deadline 2nd March. 


Featured below are the files received in the project pack Sam sent to me;

PROJECT PACK



KIM WOOZY-  IMAGES 






KIM WOOZY - PHOTOGRAPHY 








KIM WOOZY - INTERVIEW 

Below is the interview with Kim that will be the main feature of the editorial piece. The total word count of the interview and introduction comes to 2839. 

Before progressing any further with the project I read through the interview with Kim so that I was informed with the content for which I am designing for, which is important if I want to create an outcome that accurately represents the subject matter discussed. 



PROGRESSION

After receiving the files I immediately progressed with the project by collecting a quick body of secondary research reviewing a selection of skateboard and surf publications to review the type of aesthetic they use to connect to their audience. 

As I am working to a tight timescale while simultaneously balancing the project alongside numerous other on-going briefs I do not have the time spare to collect a body of primary research into the audiences aesthetic preferences. Therefore, to surpass the problem I will assess the aesthetics of leading industry publications and reinvent them for my project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment